A Little About Me in General:
I have been playing visual novels and other equivalents for years. I enjoy reading and watching reviews of games and movies so I figured that I would try my hand at writing some reviews myself. I am a 20+, Caucasian female, in the United States, currently in college. I collect old series books (Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, etc.) and I primarily read middle-grade books when I’m not playing a visual novel of some kind. I really like Choose Your Own Adventure books, which I believe is a major reason why I enjoy visual novels so much. I attribute my pull toward otome games to be mainly because I have no social life, and that includes romance. I am an avid Nancy Drew fan and I have played all of the Nancy Drew video games. My favorite genre is the mystery genre.
Also I hate cooking. I will play otome games with cooking, and I have enjoyed otome games with cooking; I just hate cooking. Couldn’t find a place to put that, so…it’s here XD.
Tropes/Guys I like:
Since much of what I do is reviews, I feel it is important for people to know my preferences when it comes to guys and tropes and whatnot.
- My favorite characters are Gadlfy characters. Guys who are flirty and try to provoke people for lols
- Examples: Loki (Kamigami no Asobi), Itsuki (Norn9), Souji (Hakuouki)
- I am a Diabolik Lovers fan <_<
- Because of this, I adore Demento from Period Cube
- You all get what that means about me
- I’m not going to come out and say it
- You all know
- The bad guys are almost always hotter in general
I am fully aware that others do not have the same views as me, especially about trash boys like the DL guys and Demento, so when a character like that comes up, I will state in the review that that is my type of thing and try to speak as objectively about it as possible.
Tropes/Guys I do not like:
- OTP’s in game. Sometimes the OTP is my favorite, but I don’t like the concept. It devalues the other routes for me
- Childhood friend routes. Sometimes I like them, but overall, I don’t like how the MC has this deep connection that I don’t get to see
- Shota characters
- Guys that act childish (I mean really childish, like “let’s have a tea party, than play hide and seek, and then climb a tree” etc.)
- I’m not super fond of glasses. Sometimes they really work on a character, but more often than not I don’t like them
- Dirty-dish-water colored hair. This is really specific, but I just hate this hair color. Balder from Kamigami no Asobi’s hair is the color I mean
- Otome games where the good endings end badly. This can include the MC dying, the guy dying, everyone but those two dying, etc.
What I play:
I play a lot of otome games and visual novels of varying kinds. I have a basic policy of ‘I will play any otome game so long as it doesn’t have something in it that disturbs me’. I do actively search for mystery visual novels, and always like when an otome game has mystery elements to it.
Types of games/genres you can expect:
- Otome games
- Games with romance that I call otome games even when you might not consider them one
- Visual novels
- Adventure games (not many, but a few)
- Escape room games (not many, but a few)
- “Mystery” games
- Games that have an archaeologist/Egyptian/Indiana Jones feel
What I Will Not Play:
As said above, I am willing to play most things. A game really has to hit some specific things for me to not play it.
Things that are a no-go for me:
- Inflation (I didn’t know I needed to include this until I found a sim date with this)
- Other fairly uncommon kinks I don’t particularly want to list
Otherwise, I’ll try most otome games. I have a flip-phone, so I cannot play mobile games. Due to that I will not be talking about them, but it is not for lack of wanting to.
How I Play:
- I am a completionist in that I want all CG’s and achievements/unlockable things. However, I might not necessarily do all ending variations/bad endings if they do not unlock anything or they are barely different
- Generally, I do not listen to voices in games
- I have above average reading speed
- Due to both of these things, my play time will most likely be shorter than that of the average player
How to Contact:
If you would like to contact me to review/play your game or for anything else, see my contact page here.
Projects I Have Been a Part of:
For otome/vn related projects I have been a part of, please see the projects page
Other Things I do:
I primarily write English trans-lyrics for songs and cover songs, most of which are Otome songs. Here are other places you can find me, not related to otome reviews: